Beef Tips – one of the new dishes on our menu.
When we opened Gio Italian Grill in 2007, our goal was to create an authentic Italian dining experience with a progressive twist. In preparation, we traveled to Italy, researched the best, fresh ingredients, and studied authentic Italian cuisine. Tony interned beside local chefs at a historic restaurant in the heart of Palermo, Sicily in his quest of unique recipes. We installed one of the area’s only real open-flame pizza
ovens so that we can serve true Italian pizza.
Since our opening, Gio has evolved and grown. We continue to bring authentic Italian cuisine with a progressive twist to the Lehigh Valley. In fact, we have won Lehigh Valley Style’s decadent dish award year after year. But that’s not enough! We want always to be improving and bringing you the best in Italian cuisine.
Our New Menu
To continue in our quest for excellence, we proudly introduce several new, authentic Italian (with a Gio twist) dishes to our menu.
- Beet & Orange Salad. We make this salad with fresh beets, juicy orange segments, and fresh mozzarella cheese; all tossed with spring mix in our homemade creamy poppy seed dressing.
- Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Appetizer. We layer warm roasted beets and goat cheese over crisp arugula and top them with an orange zest and a tangy balsamic reduction.
- Stuffed Portobello Appetizer. A large Portobello mushroom stuffed with finely-chopped pepperoni, leafy spinach, and chopped garlic. Served with a spicy marinara sauce for dipping.
- Quattro Gusti Pizza. We top this authentic Italian pizza with prosciutto, artichoke, mushroom, red onion, San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil. Yum!
- Gnocchi. Chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and wild mushrooms in a spinach pesto sauce
- Italiano Classic. Your choice of chicken or veal sauteed with prosciutto, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and a light garlic sauce
- Baked Cavatelli. Cavetalli pasta cooked al dente and baked with homemade sausage in basil, roasted pepper cream sauce and topped with mozzarella. A rich and wonderful pasta dish.
- Beef Tips. This favorite “special” has been added to our dinner menu. It features beef tips tossed with rigatoni pasta, grape tomatoes and arugula in a Gorgonzola cream sauce.
We can’t wait for you to try our new dishes. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Gio Italian Grill: An authentic taste of Italy in the Lehigh Valley